- Special book displays about holidays in other countries.
- Favorite recipes from the staff - tied to a display of cookbooks.
- Special hours for students studying for exams, offering refreshments.
- Holiday gift ideas - books that make great presents
- Teens having a virtual holiday celebration - sharing ideas of what to do over the holiday, tie in to the library's facebook page
- Highlight travel books for those travelling over the holidays
- Information on databases that provide consumer reviews for gift buying
- Suggested books for parents to share with their children
- Highlight the PBS series on NC LIVE - great for watching over the holidays.
Monday, December 7, 2009
Holidays at Your Library
A busy time for all, but it might be a good time to try a few creative things in your library to entice new customers. I've seen some interesting promotional ideas recently that tie to the holidays. Here are just a few ideas - if you have others, please share.